Monday, August 16, 2010

PESTO AND PRIZES

I've just hacked down all the basil and with the help of Jamie Oliver's Pesto recipe made a lovely pot of joy! I followed his recipe exactly, which is rare for me. It never ceases to amaze me though, how little you get for your leaves. My bowl was piled high with pickings and I've managed to make one solitary pot. That aside, it's bloody delicious and tart and tangy and tastes of Peckham (in a good way).



On a seperate note, I ran a competition last week. The prize was a £50 voucher and the game was to tell me your favourite food blog. There were loads of great ones. I particularly liked Kimberly's Homesick Texan and also Buster's The Spice Spoon, but the winner is definitely Nikki's The Recipe Rifle. I can not tell you how much I laughed, reading Esther's posts. No swear word is spared and the food looks delicious. I thoroughly recommend a peruse. Thanks to everyone who sent in suggestions. It was a great read. If you want to check out the competition entries, click Here.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Rosie, Just found your blog and I really love it, great reading, recipes and photos....

    ReplyDelete
  2. you have some great recipes here, i love to cook and what an insperation you are..

    ReplyDelete