Sunday, August 1, 2010

FRESH CORIANDER SEEDS FROM THE GARDEN and lunch for Daddy


I found fresh coriander seeds in my garden today. I had already noticed that it had gone to flower, and had been using the flower heads in salads, which are really pungent and pretty too. And now more spoils - the seeds are big and juicy and pale green and have been the source of much excitement this morning. I'm going to dry them and then toast them for more salads. It's brilliant how various and much you can get even from a the smallest of plants and what pleasure it brings.

And today's plat du jour is for Daddy, who's coming over for a spot of lunch.

Par boil some new potatoes.
Fry a fennel bulb with some dill and caraway seeds and an onion.
Add the potatoes.
Boil an egg.


Then I'm off to the the Brixton Splash for a spot of the Blacker Dread sound system.

No comments:

Post a Comment