Wednesday, July 28, 2010

HONEYCOMB SUCCESS. Phew

After this mornings catastrophically disastrous ice cream attempt, I've taken on a much more simple and immediately gratifying task: honeycomb. Having seen this on one of my favourite TV shows, Come Dine with Me (WAG's special) I thought I couldn't go wrong. And sure enough, it's looking perfect. It's super easy. Fool proof even. As mine is setting I'm trying to work out how I can encorporate it into a pudding or even ice cream, with out ballsing it up!

3 tbsp golden syrup
150g caster sugar
2 tsp baking powder



Line a baking tray with baking paper and set aside. Measure out the golden syrup and sugar into a large wide saucepan. Place this on a low-medium heat. It will gradually all incorporate and melt together. When it has been bubbling gently for a few minutes it should start to turn golden. At the point where it is a red brown at the edges, swirl the pan a few times and then take it off the heat. Now quickly add the baking powder (or bicarbinate of soda). Use a whisk to swiftly beat together. It will bubble in a very satisfying way. Then tip this out onto your baking paper so that it can set immediately. Leave for 2-3 hours to fully set and then go at it with a hammer. I can't wait.

2 comments:

  1. Delicious and easy - my favourites.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow how simple is that?!!!! You've given me the secret to making my own crunchie bars... for that I will forever be in your debt ;-)

    ReplyDelete