Sunday, March 7, 2010

SUNDAY TERRINE, course and figgy


I am making a pork terrine today. I've never made one before so it's quite exciting. I've lined the dish with unsmoked bacon, whizzed up belly pork and pure alabaster fat, along with green pepper corns, dried figs and white wine. The guide to the recipe came, as is so frequently the case, from Elizabeth David, who suggested placing a pig's trotter on top. Hopefully this will seep unctuous fat and gelatin that will seal the pate. I'll let you know how it goes...
Enjoy the sunshine
xxx

1 comment:

  1. Good luck with your terrine! I made one last year using trotters which I simmered first to get the gelatine out. It was ham hock pieces kind of suspended in the jelly. Sadly it did have more than a passing resemblance to cat food - tasted great though!

    ReplyDelete