Monday, February 15, 2010

HOT TIP AND CHIPS continued

It's strange having published a book. You hand in this piece of work that has taken years to formulate, as if it's set in stone. And then those recipes are cooked exactly as you have described by complete strangers. The pleasure is meeting the people that have bought Spooning with Rosie, and talking to them about what they have cooked, which recipes are their favourites and which ones work best.

I continue to cook the recipes in the book, but like all recipes, both before and after publication, they continue to evolve. I've recently started baking a lot of Marmalade Muffins, but have added to the original recipe, adding pumpkin seeds to the top, that gradually roast during the baking. I wish I'd thought of this at the time! But here they are, just so you know.


And I have got a new hot tip for you too. Today I made a French Lentil Soup. The left over celery leaves were difficult to think what to do with. But I put them in a tart with blue cheese, St Agur, and they were pungent and fantastic and totally waste-not-want-not.

2 comments:

  1. I like the idea of using the celery leaves in a cheese tart, thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have done such a nice article. It's very informative article nice sharing with us!

    ReplyDelete