Tuesday, November 17, 2009

TONIGHTS SUPPER. simple and effective

Tonights dinner is like many a normal dinner, made up of bits and bobs. I've got my old friend Anna Green Armytage coming over, and hopefully we'll have a good old rant and drink some wine, and generally do what friends do. These are not nights to make a fuss over the cooking. They are about simple trusty friendship. So we've got this lovely looking quinoa salad with smoked trout and cucumber and thyme, dressed with lemon and olive oil. I really like this quinoa stuff, much to my surprise. It's nutty and really satisfying. I'll give her a bowl of carrot and ginger soup too, if she plays her cards right.

As I cooked this, I listened to a brilliant podcast, ideal to run in the kitchen. Check it out here It's two little girls having a very funny time, who have music taste quite beyond there years. Agents should watch this space! xxx

5 comments:

  1. loooooooove quinoa salads. this looks tasty!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Delicious sounding recipe, and I'm cheering for you, you know that. Not only for the wonderful honesty in this post, but for being brave enough to tackle a diet that some people can't manage even without food allergies.

    ReplyDelete
  3. How cute!!! The kids do sound like they are having fun!!! I love the way they chat amongst themselves! And I really need to try quinoa sometime! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. PS how did you find these guys?! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh, they are children of my friends. wicked. xxx

    ReplyDelete